Job Title: Programmer Analyst
City: Los Angeles / State: California
We have an opportunity for a Programmer Analyst in our downtown Los Angeles location. Under supervision, will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our Global Surety Application and HCC Surety Online systems. This position will report to the Application Development Director.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Programmer Analyst is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature.
• Consult with business users to identify current business operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
• Document business user processes and create specifications for coding systems or programs including the data sources to be utilized.
• Design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs throughout the product life cycle.
• Review, analyze, and modify programming systems by encoding, testing, debugging, and installing systems and programs which support an organization’s business processes.
• May create moderately complex reports to support business users and management requests.
• Integrate applications with other systems both in and outside of the organization.
• Follow work plans, established timelines, and pre-defined goals for assigned work.
• Meet commitments on deadlines.
• Review activities, results, and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
• Develop a strong customer focus and high service level relationship with user teams.
• Act as liaison for resolving system issues and maintain appropriate logs and documentation.
• Write clear and user-friendly manuals to describe process and data flow, program installation, and operating procedures.
• Identify areas for improvement in existing business practices.
• Perform work thoroughly in a cost efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
• Report any breakdown in controls to management.
• Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
• No people management responsibility
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Engineering or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
• Minimum of two years of relevant and progressive professional experience in C#/ASP.NET
• Proficient in SQL Server (T-SQL)
• Exposure to Microsoft WCF, Entity Framework, MVC, and AngularJS
• Exposure to multiple software architecture styles and frameworks
• Exposure to Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
• Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
• Solid written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
• Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
• Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Note: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.